What are common side effects with HALAVEN® for advanced liposarcoma?
The most common side effects of HALAVEN in adults with liposarcoma include
- Stomach pain
- Hair loss (alopecia)
Your health care provider (HCP) will do blood tests before and during treatment while you are taking HALAVEN. The most common changes to blood tests in adults with liposarcoma include
- Low white blood cell count (neutropenia)
- Decreased blood levels of potassium or calcium
What if I have side effects while taking HALAVEN?
Always let your health care team know about any side effects you have, especially if they continue or become worse.
- Medicines can also help you manage certain side effects
- In some cases, side effects do not improve after lowering or delaying the dose of HALAVEN, and you may need to stop taking HALAVEN
— For example, white blood cell boosters can help manage low white blood cells
When should I call my HCP?
You should alert your health care team immediately if you notice any changes in your body or experience any of the following symptoms of infection:
- Fever (temperature above 100.5°F)
- Burning or pain when you urinate
- Numbness, tingling, or burning in your hands and feet
Tell your HCP about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. The information on this site doesn't include all of the possible side effects of HALAVEN and doesn't take the place of talking with your doctor or other HCP about your medical condition or treatment.