What should I know before starting HALAVEN® treatment for advanced liposarcoma?
If you and your health care provider (HCP) decide that HALAVEN is the right treatment for you, he or she will review your treatment schedule with you, and discuss what you can expect from treatment.
Before starting HALAVEN
Be sure to tell your HCP about all of your medical conditions, including if you have:
- Liver or kidney problems
- Heart problems, including a problem called “congenital long QT syndrome”
- Low potassium or low magnesium in your blood
And be sure to let your HCP know if you are currently:
- Pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Talk with your HCP about birth control methods
- Breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
Tell your HCP about all of the medicines you are taking or if you are planning to take any new medicines, including:
- Prescription medicines
- Medicines that you buy without a prescription (over the counter)
- Herbal supplements
To see the HALAVEN dosing schedule and understand what your own treatment schedule might look like.